Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Early Morning Swim


On account of it being JUNE, I decided it is high time to take advantage of the free exercise facility which is steps away from my current back door. I got up for an early morning swim with the trusty ole kickboard this morning before work. The Spring Creek water was rather chilly, but I did it anyways. It's a great time of day to be in the water- lots of bird activity and not much human activity going on. The louisiana waterthrush who has taken residence for the time being on the opposite side of the creek was singing its little dawn song, and the sun rose over the hazy horizon as I finished my little workout. The beavers were hiding in their muddy lair.

2 comments:

Dusti said...

Swimming in real water is the best:) I have to go all the way out to the Farm to get my fix.
Once again, you are livin' The Dream!

Rachel said...

i was really warmed thinking of you kicking away on your little board early morning before venturing into town. I could tell you had a little pep in your step today, but wouldn't have guessed why. Now I know. Sounds so nice!