Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mothers Day Spa Day







I decided on giving my mother and grandmother (Nauni) a nice home cooked brunch and some luxurious spa treatments (provided by me) for Mothers Day. I invited Sally for extra good times. We spent the afternoon last Sunday over here at the cottage by the creek, where I currently live in the family compound. We had a blast, and I think the ladies walked away at the end of the afternoon feeling sufficiently pampered and dolled up. Brunch was french toast with maple syrup and an apricot, date, rose water compote, sauteed aparagus with shitakes and garlic, bacon, mimosas (or moonshine and orange juice), and chocolate chocolate chip cookies with coconut and almonds. After brunch I gave haircuts, foot baths with rosewater, and then foot massages with rose oil. Mom got her hair hennaed. By then it was mid-afternoon and warm enough to go out onto the deck for facials- a clay mask with pearl powder (from China) and rosewater followed by a homemade witch hazel toner and collodial copper cream. To top the day off, Sally and Mom opted for pedicures. The day was gorgeous and it was delightful to spend lady time with Mom, Nauni and Sally. We listened to Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn and Tammy Wynette and relaxed. The ladies decided it needed to become a Mothers Day tradition.

6 comments:

Colleen and Andy said...

I love that your mimosas are made with moonshine!

rachel said...

You never cease to amaze me Dane!

Dana said...

To clarify, there was a champagne and OJ option, and also a moonshine and OJ option.

eduard said...

do you also do father treatment

Anonymous said...

do you also do fathers treatment

Dusti said...

WOW, sounds like the best Mother's Day EVER! I could go for one of those moonshine mimosas. Do you remember Sean "Jinx" Pace? I rented my house from his dad years ago and he made delightful moonshine in his own still in the garage that would burn your nose hair clean off. The mention of moonshine always reminds me of that:)What is colloidal copper? I must know!