Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2nd Weekend in 2009: BINGO in Hot Springs


Stacey and her cupcake


The prize table


Jenna wins with the help of her lucky slingshot


Megan wins Bleach!


Mr. Bingo caller


Saturday evening found me with a group of Hot Springs ladies looking for a good time in a small town. Mid-winter, pub closed, rainy, post holiday lull... Luckily the Hot Springs VFD picked the deadest weekend of the year to host a very special BINGO fund raiser at the Community Center. Well, I got on my BINGO outfit, which included a side ponytail and lucky unicorn necklace, hit a little sip of brandy from the new flask (thanks JDH 4th)to warm up, and headed into the valley.

Everyone in the posse had a good luck charm: a unicorn necklace, a mother mary, a baby, a crystal elephant... When Jenna showed up empty handed I loaned her my slingshot as a good luck charm and wouldn't you know, she won that game. Winners of games didn't win money, but rather various assorted household items that had been donated from Dollar General. It was a unique kind of BINGO, and I got a kick out of it, but not as much of a kick as I wanted to get. I think I require a certain level of weirdness to get stimulated to the point of excitement, and the BINGO didn't quite make it. But it was amusing and a good time none the less. I won one game and got a glass picture frame with hearts on it. Jenna won 18 wash cloths. Megan won a bottle of bleach. Enjoy the mini photodocumentary. Love, Dana

4 comments:

Milkweed said...

Is winning bleach not a high enough level of weirdness? It's fairly weird. The photos are fabu.

Anonymous said...

Very weird prizes. Looks like fun. Hey this is unrelated but if you ever wanted some super cool trailer-themed decor check this out: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19755559
It just made me think of you.
Love,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

i very much want to play bingo in hot springs.

christopher said...

oh my god, i want to go play bingo in hot springs!

dana dee, you rock. i like how much you make me smile and laugh. now that's a good friend.

xoxo