Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hunter Safety- Final Night or "What is 6 ft 4, 270 lbs, size 15 foot and says," Dana Nagle, 100%?)




Yesterday my car broke. It didn't "break down," so to speak. It broke, so to speak-the whole wheel came off of the ball joint. Jesus in the sky must have been looking favorably upon me because this accident decided to happen in the safest of locations in the safest of ways- downtown Hot Springs when I was going about 10 miles an hour. After handfuls of the most helpful men in town and my entire family showed up on the scene within moments (how did they all happen to be there?) and the very friendly Gary Wills left his fields and gave me a tow and Jenna's caregiver MH loaned me her car for the week... I was off to class on time with SG. We even had time to eat tacos and study in Marshall for a while first. Basically class was fairly uneventful other than me getting gas from the garlic in the fish tacos and having to leave the room many times to fart. Also, there was a guest teacher to talk about hunting "preparedness" (aka first aid and such), and he said Heat Stroke is really serious- and proceeded to tell us about the stroke his grandmother had. I realized he thought heat strokes were a type of stroke...
We took the 50 question test and then waited in the hall for the teacher to grade the papers. Then he said we all passed and read everyone's grade out loud (except for one person who didn't want his grade read out loud.) Everyone passed, and we all got our Hunter Education card, which we were advised to make a copy of and get both laminated.
On the way home I celebrated by stopping at Ingles and buying a lightbulb. SG told me that mercury was in retrograde. Jesus.

4 comments:

jord. said...

Dana-you are awesome! I'm so proud of you that you got a hundred on your test. I'm sorry to hear about your truck. I hope to see you soon if any of us can ever get any gas.

Sara said...

Um, it sounds like Dana doesn't have any trouble at all getting gas.....

jord. said...

Word.

Milkweed said...

I love how helpful everyone was after the truck-breaking!

Congratulations on your class and I look forward to tales of very safe hunting in future.

Just don't get heat stroke.