Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stairway to Heaven

I grew up listening to John Boy and Billy in Charlotte, back before they were all national and shit. They are still ruling the cheesy classic rock radio scene, and spinning two-fer Tuesday tunes like never before (or like always before, as it were...) Imagine my delight when I was able to spend the spring-like day up at my house that is rising from the hillside, jamming to two-fers from Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, Jon Bon Jovi, Jimmi Hendrix, Queen, the Eagles, you name it. I danced on the the second floor, which is sturdy and prepared to receive walls later this week, and I grooved out on the new stairs, which rock harder than John Boy and Billy ever will (sorry, JB and B...) Todd, Marc and Greg were like studs from the Galaxy of Stud, building and figuring and such. I wore a tiger doo-rag, backward and Tupac style, in honor of the lovely day. This special doo-rag was a valentine's gift from the one and only Meg (Flemming) Renwick of the ATX.


Marc and his "whacker"




The "commanding view of the garden" (-M.A.) from the front wall of the bedroom







3 comments:

Dusti said...

Oh Dana Dee, I've missed your blog posts so much-I've been a real dead beat blogger, so this was an extra awesome treat for me! A Smorgasbord of ass-kickery for a starving woman!
You reminiscing on JB & B made me laugh out loud, all alone in my living room like the goobress I am. I am so crazy excited about your Big Damn Project! Exclamation points do not alone suffice.
You are The Best!~D

Dusti said...

I almost forgot...
"Love ya, mean it!"

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Dana I love your place and new home building,..I am so happy for you and at the same time envious,..I want my own chunk of land! It will come! Your life is absolutely beautiful. You need extra Dana's, I call the other Brandi's I need my clones! I also need atleast three! Man do Dusti and I have to come see you. We could help you work all day long. Love your blog you are an excellent writer. I love your mountain view,....now that's what I call rich in life.