Monday, February 14, 2011

The House Rises from the Hillside

The house rises from the hillside, practically as we speak. Tomorrow I will be helping get lumber from the ground up to the the second floor so the fellers can put a floor on and start to get going on framing up there. It is pretty f-ing cool to witness the transformation of my pencil drawings on graph paper to a building that is actually 3 dimensional, and solid, and that will house me and my loved ones.

Jenna sits in front of the bathroom




My future workshop, framed





The living room area





Kitchen




View from kitchen sink




View from above kitchen stove and counter top




Looking out the windows from the living room area to mountains to the north





Jenna and I are too cool for skool.

4 comments:

Girl In An Apron said...

So exciting Dane. It is really coming to life. Congratulations! Can't wait to get out there and check it out!

Anonymous said...

Dana, this looks awesome; same as Rachel I cannot wait for the first house party. Can you post a picture from below, from the airstream?/
Eduard.

Colleen and Andy said...

These pictures are wonderful. You are making so much progress! I love all the views from the framed windows.

Anonymous said...

love the photos dana, this is so exciting!
-zoe