Monday, February 2, 2009

White Nite Update

So, White Nite (see older post about accidental pet mouse) is still with me in the Airstream. He is available for adoption, but I haven't gotten any interested parties. I am thinking that if he hasn't been adopted by Spring Equinox, I will release him in the "old house," which is the house where Shorty Gentry spent the best 40 years of her life. It is caving in and would not be habitable for humans, but has lots of good materials left for mouse bedding, shelter from the elements, and a huge black snake which will come out of hibernation when it warms up enough and will probably be HONGRY! I want to ask you, the readers, what you think of this plan. Please comment.

3 comments:

My-DC said...

I'm trying to think of some kind of practical joke you could play with him so he could go out in style.

Anonymous said...

release!release!release!

Milkweed said...

I support releasing him in the old house as a tribute to Shorty Gentry. And letting nature take its course. A relevant book (about a mouse) that I recommend is "Whitefoot" by Wendell Berry.