Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Notes from the Lady Hawk






Yesterday found me "snowed in" again, meaning the rest of the world was normal, but our driveway was solid ice. I decided to take advantage of the opportunity to slow down for a second and appreciate the beauty of my remote and bazaar abode. I really get a kick out of seeing neighbors "M" and "B" ride their horses by every morning. Yesterday I went running out in my fuzzy pink bathrobe and took their picture. Then I appreciated my Airstream windows, and of course White Nite. Ever loving White Nite. I got him an official water bottle, which is keeping him really busy. He climbs up on it every night and pulls a Shawshank Redemption on me...gnawing a hole in his plastic storage tub cage that gets bigger and bigger every night. Little does he know that freedom is just around the corner. Come spring equinox he will be released into sweet spring freedom (in the old house). I am planning a party to celebrate spring and freedom of the wild, unbridled spirit of White Nite (and the reflection of that I find in my human self). Mark the date- March 28th-ish

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

make it the 29th and we will be there....

Anonymous said...

hi