Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day



Please enjoy this graphic created by artist JDH IV in honor of Independence Day. Isn't he something? I celebrated July 4th by milking 4 goats, letting a pet rat crawl on my neck just to see how it felt, digging a water hole in the creek in my soon to be camper trailer site, and harvesting many red clovers from a beautiful neighboring pasture. Then I swam in a muddy creek, soaked in a hot tub, drank red wine, showed off my new (old) Airstream to S and M, watched a few minutes of Being John Malcovich, ate veggie burgers with S and M and went to bed. It rained last night, which is really really good. It was a good 4th of July. I didn't go to the rodeo as I had intended, but that's OK because that means I didn't have to spend the extra energy bracing myself to be able to tolerate the blatent exploitation of many animals in order to absorb the wonder of a quite interesting cultural phenomenon. Tonight will be Hot Spring's annual fireworks show, at which I will see more people than I knew could fit in this entire county and their children, and I will dance to old country tunes played by a highly interesting band on a stage set up in the road by the railroad tracks. It will most likely be awesome. Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I reeeeaaly wish the S and M referred to were me and Simon.

Anonymous said...

i celebrated july 5th by going to big lots! usually my interests are captured in the electronics aisle but today -- the entire store. they had some cuisinart brand coffee makers. but we have a cuisinart band blender that would be great if it came apart for cleaing like it is supposed to. instead it is a real pain. i yelled in the store "cuisin ART? should be called cuisin GETS FUCKIN STUCK." my beautiful wife asked me to calm down. then i couldn't find her. and went over to where this big like outdoor party tent was set up for display and went inside and sat down and yelled for my wife. "hey! where you at? come find me in the big tent!" then saw that "select patriotic items" were marked 50 percent off. so we got some that you put on your head. seriously. what a fabulous 5th!