Sunday, October 23, 2011

Ode to Laura and Eddie

I love it when Laura and Eduard come out for a sleepover. There is always a bonfire, and cooking on it, and settling in to good and meaningful conversation until way past dark, and whiskey drinking and laughing. There is also a lot of teasing and farting around, but it is balanced with idea sharing and contemplating life in these modern times. Visiting with these two always warms my heart and makes me wonder how I got to be so lucky to have such good friends and family around me. Susie and Todd and Jenna also came for the Sunday portion of the 24 hour bonfire, and Mom graced us with a quick visit. Susie and Laura strung garlands of Susie's fresh marigolds by the fire in the mid day sun on a most lovely Appalachian autumn day. It reminded me that Day of the Dead is just around the corner, so I pulled out a couple little skeletons and made them marigold skirts for some seasonal inspiration.
I thought Susie and Laura were the definition of lovely as they flower crafted by the fire...







I hope these cats come back real soon! Love you both!

2 comments:

Laura said...

love you too!

and love it out there!

Laura said...

Miaauwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!