Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Real Sweet Situation

There is a real sweet situation going on over at a certain house on a certain road in a certain part of a certain local city. A certain "Jude" and a certain "Paul" have brought home a certain baby named "Sylvia Sparrow." I paid these people a visit yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed holding the baby and marvelling at her sweetness, quietly chit chatting with a very calm and glowing Jude, and piling on the bed with all of the aforementioned plus "Blackie." There was room on the cozy bed for: napping, knitting, nursing, pooping, burping, talking pretty, diaper changing, laughing, and chilling.




I asked Paul if I could display this picture of him having "just a wink" of a little "cat nap" in the chair (with a tiny little wink of sunlight warming his situation), and he said yes but that he looked like "some guy who got stuck in the airport." I'm glad he can still be funny when he was just awakened from his little nappy. It reminds me of a time I ran into Paul one night at a certain local music club. He was happy and drunk and gregariously chatting with some annoying and cocky young business man in slacks. I was wondering who was this dude and why was Paul talking to him so happily. (I found out later that Paul had just met the guy and was just being his friendly self.) During conversation Paul told the guy that I was the funniest lady he knew. I got all competitive real quick and starting thinking, "well what kind of gentleman does he think is so much funnier?" so I demanded as much: Who is the funniest MAN you know, Paul? (probably with a poorly hidden glare). Paul looked at me real slow and happy. A twinkly grin spread over his face as he slowly lifted a pointer finger and turned it around to himself. I just laughed and laughed.
'I see...'

3 comments:

chauncey said...

Although you said there was room for it, I certainly hope you didn't poop on this nice family's bed.

Also: "Sylvia Sparrow" is my new favorite name ever in the world. Congrats all around!

Unknown said...

oh so happy for the beautiful family! thanks for your post! for the lovely pictures and the funny story! happiness....

also, i want to send you an email and i no longer have an address that works....can you send me one? thanks!

Dusti said...

Dana, I shouldn't be surprised that your writing is so unique, witty, funny and delightful, just like you, but I am! Love shmuv-your blog I love!