Sunday, September 13, 2009

They're Off

Mom and Jenna left this morning for China. Jenna will be at The First Teaching Hospital in Tian Jin for 3 months of TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) treatments. She is excited about her journey. Mom will be there for 2 months, during which time Dad will visit for 3 weeks. Our friend KM will be there with Mom and Jenna for the trip over and the first 2 weeks of the stay. I will go for Jenna's last month, during which time our friend SR will come for the last 2 weeks and the journey home. On account of the flood (which is being portayed in parts on this blog) and to be helpful to Jenna, I am temporarily relocating my central station to Jenna's house in Hot Springs with her dog Joey. For the next month I will be back and forth cleaning up from the flood and helping repair the driveway and staying here in town.
It feels weird in Jenna's house without her here. Her energy is so vital and lively that the house feels really empty without her. I will have to add some livliness of my own to the house while I'm here, I suppose.
"God speed and be well" Jenna and Mom!

1 comment:

jord. said...

Yeah, Jenna and Karen and Dana and all the folks down in the holler. I'll be wishing them safe travels.