Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Equinox



The sun shone for our equinox yesterday, thanks to all the forces that be. BIG thanks. I got up at daybreak and stepped outside. To my surprise I heard a loud roar which was nothing other than the very largely swollen French Broad River. I decided it was a good equinox sunrise pilgrimage to go check it out so off I walked, stopping only at L&K's convenience stop parking lot to say hey to a buddy who was sitting in his truck there, and stopping again at my favorite horse chestnut tree to gather a few nuts for the equinox. The river was gorgeous at 11 feet, brown and rushing.



That much water is scary and exhilarating. I heard on the radio that the river was at 21 feet in some more southern counties!



Later I had a nice drive up to Bluff to pick up some mums and pansies from a certain really beautiful nursery up there.



On the way back down the mountain I passed a caravan of mule and horse drawn covered wagons. There were 6 or 8 of them. I asked a lady where they were going and she said, "We don't know."



They appeared to be on a leisure tour.
The day was sunny and lovely. Later I got to pick up EL, whose car broke down in Newport on the way to Nashville. We had a nice and chill time watching some "Breakin' 2" and then some Northern Exposure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana! I'm just letting you know I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger award, because you certainly are one!!