Thursday, June 11, 2009

Full, and I want to swim a lot this summer

Life is full. At least today it has been, and it has seemed to be full every day since the tree fell. This morning I woke up at 5:00 and got ready to head up the hill to Moonmeadow Farm to do farm chores before driving to Asheville to work a regular day at the Dirty Hoe (gardening). I am farm sitting at Moonmeadow, which is always fun and full of surprises and tiring. I milked Maude and Pearl (cows), and my hand muscles almost gave out toward the end. Then I wrestled an escaped sheep with all my might (I mean all of it) to get it back inside the fence. I strained and bottled the milk and hauled it to Asheville in a cooler. Then I worked a day in the muggy-ness in Asheville and went straight to samba practice after work, which included strapping a large heavy drum to my person and playing it for 1 1/2 hours. Then grocery shopping and finally now heating up a frozen pizza for dinner at 8:30. It's great. I'm not complaining, I am just updating the faithful readers about my full day, which is somewhat representative of how my days have been lately. I want to swim a lot this summer.

4 comments:

Milkweed said...

I've been trying to get your mailing address secretly so that I could surprise you with an article about an upcoming cougar-related event.

Plus I want a land update.

Are you sore from the sheep wrestling?

Let's talk!

Laxman Kadel said...

Miss Dana
Did you know you have fans up here in CT? We are longing for a simpler, more rustic life than our fast-paced Yankee existence up here. So, reading about the Airstream, the farming, the animals, the roadkill, the neighbors, etc, is really refreshing and fun for us! So glad Jenna is thriving as well! keep up with the blog! love it! and, please come up and see us sometime.
Bec and Laxative-Man

Anonymous said...

I am sore, not from the sheep wrestling, but from a pilates exercise that I have been attempting to do to firm up my "abdominals..." And my hands are sore from the milking. Thanks for your concern.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dana---you did an awesome job with chores. Thanks for making it possible for us to leave the farm for a little while!