Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Life and Death of One Light Rock Cake



Light rock cakes can be used for a number of occasions, as long as you can be inspired for the perfect lyrics to match the situation. When SM had a monumnetal birthday in January, I knew that it was extra- crucial to find the perfect light rock song for her. I did something I have never in my light rock cake career done before; I selected a non-light rock song for the light rock cake. I decided that as the inventor of light rock cakes, I had the authority to use creative license in this way. The song I selected was a SM original, which was actually composed to mock Phish. I figured that in a perfect world, this song would reach the top 20 in 2008, and then in 15 or 20 years would retire into a classic light rock status. Here is a photo documentary of the life and death of SM's light rock cake.