Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dana Tries her Hand at Office Work (dedicated to BT)

Seven useful and interesting things I have learned working in an office:

1. Working in an office is not so bad after all, except that it makes me fart really really really badly.

2. If people in this particular office are anotomically average, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, I am pretty sure I use the bathroom approximately 4 times more often than the average American.

3. If they so choose, people can tune each other out very effectively.

4. If they so choose, people can eavesdrop on each other very effectively.

5. Corny humor is alive and well in the world.

6. It is quite normal for people to email each other from the same small office.

7. When doing totally uncreative and repetitive tasks such as stuffing 200 binders, one can be compelled to reveal bizarre tidbits about oneself to people who would never be privvy to that information otherwise. Examples: "I used to want to swim the English Channel," and " I've always secretly wanted to be Catholic."

1 comment:

Milkweed said...

i cannot thank you enough. it was a pleasure as always.

shake it like a pack of wood,

bt