Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Thing" update

Saturday morning, November 17 2012

First off, welcome to our world, Lucy Dixon, a human child who was born yesterday to wonderful parents Jude and Paul!

Now, back to the "thing." It has been identified as a cocoon, and I have returned it to the cold outdoors to hopefully resume its natural life cycle. At this point, I am thinking it is a luna moth cocoon, based upon world wide web investigative work I have done this morning (that and the fact that Pete Dixon- no relation to Lucy- informed me that indeed it was a cocoon.)  It is my sincere wish that the "thing" will go back to sleep, unharmed, and emerge when it is god's time. I apologize to all involved for the interference.
(*Note, click the word 'work' above for a link.)


Could this be the "thing?"

2 comments:

Girl In An Apron said...

Thank God in heaven for this post. I have been seriously jaded since the original "thing" post. Lets just imagine the gorgeous moth-to-be going back to sleep and one day telling it's little eggs of a bedtime story which slightly resembled an LSD trip, being carried indoors as a cocoon, licked by a curious human, and placed in a jar for a few days before returning home for a restful slumber.

Girl In An Apron said...

oh and welcome Lucy Dixon!