Saturday, December 24, 2011

House update in photos

I didn't move in before Christmas...(Still residing in the Airstream):




The house is steadily advancing toward its final inspection:House underpinned with a "skirt" of tile backer board (to be stuccoed by me early January I hope):

Kitchen cabinets with awesome 6 ft long sink:

Laura and Eddie's Vermont castings "Vigilant" stove connected with stovepipe to the out-of-doors:

Upstairs bathroom nook:

Fuel:

Stovepipe creatively exiting through the wall and edge of roof:

Stairwell of ash and walnut from the land, milled on site by none other than Carl Rice:

I end the year with gratitute for all the support I have from loving family, friends and neighbors to carry this creation of a home through.

6 comments:

Girl In An Apron said...

FANCY!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are almost ready to go, just a few bits and pieces and you can move in.
Cannot wait for the house warming party.
Eduard.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to visit you!!!!!
----emmie.

Santo Caridine said...

Your cottage may look simple, but it harmonizes with the quiet ambiance of the forest. Though I haven't seen the roof, the sidings show how good the country-style design suits the location. I guess you and your family are getting ready for t he much-awaited house-warming party, huh.

Shania Fargo said...

I like houses that blend in with nature. The environment seems very soothing, especially at night. I want to live in a place like that. I'm also interested in seeing the designs you'll come up with. I hope to see more updates on your wonderful house. =)

Raymonde Birch said...

A house in the middle of the woods? Wow! I can’t imagine how peaceful your mornings and evenings are going to be. It’s like you are having an everyday vacation. Your location is perfect for a morning walk after coffee to create good vibes for the rest of the day!