Tuesday, April 28, 2009

In Praise of the Depot

I was on my way home from work last Friday evening, and I decided to drive through the sleepy, but hip, town of Marshall for the hell of it. After a short, but good, visit with a friend, I drove by the Depot and to my gleeful surprise, a rainbow was gracing the sky above it. (sorry you can't really see the rainbow...)


I stopped to photo-document the beautiful site, and then I thought to myself, "Self, why not go inside and enjoy the ambience for a few minutes?' I did, and had a nice little talk with Mr. Boone, who is officially on "The Depot Committee." We talked about trees and music and mutual friends and mutual friends' crazy ass sons and land and such. I sat and listened to some music played by a band that was led by a feller from off Spillcorn who can't read or write and listens to tapes to memorize the old classic country songs (according to Mr. Boone).

I was at the same time happy and delighted that such a great thing goes on for free and sad that there are virtually no young people interested in such good clean fun.

No comments: