Sunday, November 9, 2008

5:00 French Broad Yellow

I went walking up to Lovers Leap late yesterday, when the light was just something else. On the way down, walking by the river, I decided to make a list of all the lovely yellow things I saw- because the late day sun was doing the yellow just right. Indulge me by reading my yellow list:
hickory
poison ivy
spice bush
gum
green briar
wild oats
river birch
beech
chestnut oak
yellowroot
basswood
a man wearing a kilt that had yellow in it (well, he was in town on my way back, but close enough)

Post Script: I went back the next day and noticed also:
witch hazel in bloom
bittersweet vine
tulip poplar
a beautiful yellow sun sinking behind the blue ridge

5 comments:

Milkweed said...

mmmmmm and what about goldenrod, still mysteriously flowering in a few isolated pockets?

looking at the title of your post i was afraid it would be about some sort of toxic spill in the french broad river; i'm glad it turned out to be this delightful list.

Anonymous said...

yes nice, very nice...

Anonymous said...

I think that chaps used for like chainsaw work could be especially good if worn with absolutely nothing else on a sunny winter day as long as the chap wearer keeps moving to stay warm--------------

Anonymous said...

Oh hey wait just disregard that last comment I posted it was meant for a different blog. Sorry about that

Milkweed said...

Rodger,
You are certainly a prolific commenter....I hope you're not too cold out there in your chaps.

B