Monday, August 18, 2008

Morning Notes

Life is good. I have poison ivy on the palm of my hand, a personal first. Yesterday I watched an osprey fly under the Hot Springs bridge with a fresh catch and perch in a tree to feast on something that looked like it had intestines. It was beautiful. The moon rose full and orange over Lover's Leap last night. Does anyone know the name of this moon? Soon I will move the Airstream down by the barn of the old home of Eleanor (Shorty) and Starling Gentry. It is beautiful there, and I will have electricity via a temporary power pole. The lightning bugs are all but gone for the year, and the river is the lowest it's ever been on record. But from Lover's Leap yesterday, the mountains and the valley were still a lush fertile green. We are lucky to stay green even in a drought.

1 comment:

Milkweed said...

Oh dana dee
I have been horrible with phone/email/blog/all-other-methods-of -communication in the past few weeks. Really horrible. I have your name written on the list of people I must call, surrounded with stars! Mtn Hopes, Airstream warming, and etc. Let's talk!
I promise to call sometime this weekend.
xxoxoxoxoxoxo your blogging friend
bt