Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Thor's whimsy

Thor must have been in a special mood this morning for he dished us out a most delectable February thunderstorm, washing away the final remnants of last week's biggy snow storm and subsequent ice. "Enough," I imagine Thor thinking upon rising just before dawn this morning in Valhalla, "Let them see the ground and remember me."
The thunder rumbled graciously, followed by a most magnificent crepescular light show, the striking of Thor's hammer creating a peculiar pink glow of electricity reflecting off of the blanket of snow. Pink flashes in the darkness lighting up a pre-dawn half-winter/half-spring scenario is what I am talking to you about, people. It rocked.
Thor, if my speculations of your morning are grossly off-base, please have mercy on my mortal soul. And thanks for the storm. Like I told the people...it rocked! And I drove the driveway this afternoon- ice free!

5 comments:

Girl In An Apron said...

yes! keep it coming! The people of the earth are thirsty! for stories. for storms. for little birds raising hell with open mouths from their downy nests.

Unknown said...

i like

Unknown said...

that was me, laura that said, i like. i'm sure eddie's response will be much more entertaining ;)

Unknown said...

Yes, of course I like. For sure the ending....happy. Thanks Thor for looking after my friend.

Unknown said...

Thor has been busy!!!!