Monday, October 7, 2013

Tuberose in unicorner


I'm no artist, but I know something awesome when I see it. I was stopped in my bustling tracks yesterday morning by the glimpse of ths tuberose shadow on the wall of my Unicorner, which is at the top of the stairwell, and, yes, is a place for unicorns. My friend SM gave me the tuberose bulbs earlier this year, and I planted 3 of them in a small planter in the greenhouse, with the hope that they would bloom and I could bring them in the house to perfume my room with their nightly aroma. This here is the shadow of the first bloom. Its scent is infinitely reminiscent of things dark and hidden and magical, its thick sweetness almost too heavy to bear. It smells like hope and loss and serotinal moonlight. It smells like the stuff dreams are made of, finding a perfect residence in the Unicorner.

2 comments:

Girl In An Apron said...

you are on a roll home slice

Aimee said...

Do you think Unicorns' poop is white!? Found some in the woods on a walk the other day and thought of you...