Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Coming up on September 9th

It's going on the three year out mark from 9-09-09,* which brought a terrorizing 3am electrical hailstorm to this small holler, scaring the daylights out of all residents and nearly washing me and my Airstream away. I was only halfway joking when I told my neighbor RM today that three years out I am finally beginning to recover from the stress of the storm; for example it can rain and thunder without me going into fight or flight mode...

It is hard for me to believe that in less than three years I have bought land here and now live in a gorgeous house on it, with a (currently) functioning kick ass water system and a good start to a garden. I never would have suspected on that bizarre morning of September 10, 2009,amidst the 2 ft deep drifts of quarter sized hail and the overpowering smell of shredded pine needles roaring down the new river that was created overnight, that I would be here today as a land holder and homeowner. So much has happened since then.

This evening I walked to the Sunset Spot and drank in the beauty of this place that I am beginning to call home.








May this September 9th bring unexpected delights. If you need to find me, I'll be the one sweet talking
Thor.

*For more about the freak storm of 9-09-09, click here and here.

2 comments:

Eduard said...

It looks as Thor is liking you; this according to the foto's. But you know you tamed that H2O in three years from a thread to a delight; WELL DONE DN.
Eduard

Anonymous said...

Feels great to not freak out every time it thunders, doesn't it???