Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jack, the Baron, and some liquid gold


You know, I'm partial to a little hot toddy anyways this time of year, but yesterday, when one of our landscaping clients gave us some of the honey from their well loved and tended bees, I couldn't help make an evening of it. I was tickled pink to be able to formulate a special tonic from the pre-digested and potentized amber gold, the product of the combined labors of the honeybees and their human accomplices, the flowers, the Dirty Hoe, and Mother Nature herself. It was very gratifying to eat the honey from the flowers that we planted and tend. So, while I was at it, I went whole hog- cooked me up a 4 cheeser from the Red Baron, which I know isn't the finest quality frozen pizza, but I have what you might call a "thing" for them. My definition of a tonic is broad- something that promotes health of body and spirit. Sometimes just settling in and eating dinner the easy way (aka a gross but enjoyable frozen pizza) is more relaxing and restful and just what Doctor D ordered. And topping it off with a local honey toddy with a squirt of lemon and 2 jiggers of Jack- now that's what I was talking about last night. Bona fide tonified.

No comments: