Thursday, April 8, 2010

Movie Night Review: "This is It"

Jenna and I resumed movie night last night after a few weeks long dry spell. I went to Ingles and picked out 2 selections- a dumb looking Vince Vaughn comedy and "This is It," the Micheal Jackson documentary. I knew which one I wanted to watch, but I gave Jenna the choice. Luckily she chose well. We spent the next 2 hours drinking in the utter mind blowing talent and weirdness which was Michael Jackson, the King of Pop. We knew most every song (of course) and sang along with gusto. But let me not get ahead of myself. For those of you who don't know, the movie, which was filmed in 2009, consisted of footage of rehearsals of what was to be Michael Jackson's last tour. He was conjuring up, as the African French would say, a multimedia "Gran Spectac," of all of his most popular songs from over the years. The show was to include the best of MJ's selction of background dancers, singers and musician, special effects out the butthole including some 3-D filming stuff AND Michael himself coming out of a giant mechanical black widow. Things of that nature. It was awesome! Seeing MJ doing his thing and how very seriously he took every single detail was just captivating. His voice was like that of an angel, and his face was just oh so very very very weird. He still had dance moves to write home about, and his background dance team was absolutely kick ass. Everything that came out of MJ's mouth (in a very female-ish sounding voice) was weird, specific and a lot of time critical. But he made it known that it's all about the love. The L-O-V-E (he spelled it out a time or 2). My two favorite parts of the movie were: 1) Michael watching the special effects of the "Thriller" take (all the zombies clawing at the camara) and getting REALLY exciting while licking a dum dum, and 2) Michael rocking out with a killer blond female electric guitar player who was absolutely SHREDDING those licks! Jenna enjoyed the movie as much as I did, I think. At one point she abruptly got up out of her chair and got on the floor to imitate a really cool move that one of the background dancers did.
It a nutshell, Jenna and I give the movie a thumbs up and agree that "Boy could that feller move!"

3 comments:

Girl In An Apron said...

R.I.P MJ!!

Dusti said...

I had a fever and the only cure was more Dana. Thanks!
I would have watched it but I am putting it on Netflix ASAP as per your recommendation! I am all geard up for me some MJ right now!
Hearts~D

meg said...

watching it NOW. 6What I can't frigging believe is how HUGE his hands are?!