Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We Not Perfect

Mother and I went to Newport, Tennessee, to go to Lowe's and Newport Dry Goods. At Dry Goods, we purchased some socks, a lighter, and I bought 3 yards of orange polka dotted fabric to make yet another table cloth for the Airstream. (For someone so domestically dis-inclined, I sure do have a hefty interest in table cloths...) If you have never been to Newport Dry Goods, do not wait another week. Go there. This weekend. You will not regret it (if you enjoy being lost in time in East Tennessee).
At Lowes, I spent somewhere along the lines of four and a half Benny Franklins purchasing materials for a BRAND NEW PIMPED OUT TIN COVERED AWNING THINGY for the Airstream- to say "Fudge you!" to my former awning which collapsed in the rain last week. After Lowes, we dined at The Shack in Del Rio. Mom got fried catfish. I got a fried catfish sandwich. I do not want to know where the catfish came from. The water we drank was "purified" French Broad River water, cuz that's how they roll over there. We played Dolly Parton, Hank Williams, Sr. and Patsy Cline on the jukebox, and Mom drank a grape wine cooler. (Yeah, that's right, a grape wine cooler...)While we were eating, a black man came in and requested to look at the menu. Everyone else other than us stared rudely. We glanced kindly. He walked back into the bar I think. I wanted to tell that black man that there is a KKK meeting house practically across the street from the Shack, but I didn't want to freak him out. He was a brave soul, or maybe he didn't know how Del Rio is. Maybe I don't know how Del Rio is. Either way, I hope nobody bothered that man that night.
Here is a photo essay from our little trippy poo to East Tennessee.




1 comment:

Dusti said...

We not perfect just for given. Ha! Damn straight we not perfect! Guess I'll just go on and admit that I'm your official #1 blog fan. Reading all these lovelies makes me pine away for some time together. Finding someone to rock nature as hard as I do is hard! Miss you!