Monday, December 1, 2008

Airstream Update

Today is December 1. It is snowing for the 4th time this winter. Winter came on this year with a relentless bang, and it hasn't really let up. I am still taking bucket baths outside with rain water heated on the stove. Bucket bathing in the snow was quick and exciting. Soon I will purchase a tankless on demand water heater and rig a hot outdoor shower. I actually talked with a friend this morning who has done almost this very thing, and he gave me specific details about the project. (YAY!) This morning I woke up and went outside to use the bathroom and realized the Airstream's awning was weighted down with snow on top. So after I came back from the outhouse I pulled out the ladder and got up there with a flat rake and scraped the snow off so the weight wouldn't cause the whole thing to cave in. Since it has been raining and snowing relatively a lot, the ground has gotten really muddy and squishy which is making it hard to park near the camper. I want to get some more gravel.
Anyways, this morning I was wondering what the heck I'm doing living down there in tha Airstream in the winter. But so far, it's working OK. You better believe I will write about it when I get a hot shower.

3 comments:

Milkweed said...

I will never again take a hot shower for granted. Sending you lots of warm thoughts.....

Colleen and Andy said...

Dang Dana! I am so excited to have discovered your blog and the fact that you are living in an airstream. WOW! I want to come visit. Well I hope y'all don't have too cold of a winter down there. I'll be thinking of you and sure hope you get a hot water shower soon. Love, Colleen

Anonymous said...

i just might have to get me one of them things. airstream trailer, that is. might in fact be the life for me the more i think about it. visited lj's today. d, i'll be coming to visit yours at some point hopefully sooner than later.